The Bad Taste Bears Club
In the olden days, there was a collectors club and it was operated by people with a commercial interest. You may or may not know the ins and outs of the present setup, so I’ll skip over it for clarity. The Bad Taste Bears brand is licensed to Nemesis Now Limited who have permission to manufacture and distribute Bad Taste Bears material. They do not deal with the public. They supply retailers who in turn sell to the public. Taking a quick look at the enormous range in their catalogue, it’s clear that they don’t have the time or the staff to deal with a club for each of their product lines. They already have enough on their plate, let alone keep it spinning. So, I’m going to give it a go. These are my thoughts (which I reserve the right to change if things get scary):
A Bad Taste Bears Club can be:
- A way of communicating between designer, manufacturer, retailer and collector.
- Free to be part of because, apart from my time, it has no running costs.
- A chance to share sneak previews before anyone else.
- A method of organising events or meeting up with like-minded nutters.
- A reason to attempt to compile a newsletter and remind myself that bleeding stones are more common than contributors!
Then there’s the Fabulous new Forum at http://btbforum.co.uk – the official place for verbal jousting and tomfoolery – go on, stick your head round the door and see who’s there. If you see a crusty old fart slumped in the corner chewing his wax crayons, say hello. It could be me.
Oh, you know – Stuff!
It’s your club. Let’s make it work! You tell me what you want and I’ll give it a go – within reason.
We could go camping and all sit in a field and giggle at the stars!